Tuesday 4 December 2007

Great Ocean Road ..... or not!

I am Geo Blogging late this evening. Her Majesty's Inspectors are in school this week and it's strange how much longer my lesson preparation is taking!!

I had imagined that today I'd be introducing you to one of the areas of Australia about which I do know a lot - a stretch of coastline south west of Melbourne called the Great Ocean Road. Although I've never been there, it's an area which features in lots of textbooks and so over the years I have become quite familiar with its classic coastal scenery. Imagine my dismay, then, when earlier today I checked in with the tracker and found this .....

...and Mark's reasoning on the web diary tonight.... "Was tempted to take the Great Ocean Road at Allansford as heard how beautiful the coast and cliffs are but was also told about the steep hills" Ah well, I guess he is on a race, not a fieldtrip!


However........ you (and Mark too at a later date) simply have to see what he's missing so here's a flavour of that wonderful coastline.......


And one of hundreds of offerings on You Tube (not sure about the violin though!)....

No comments: