Thursday 20 December 2007

Guest presenter!

In a couple of days from now I will be in the Alps enjoying a white Christmas on the ski slopes. With no guarantee of an Internet connection, I had been wondering how I was going to keep the blog going and cover all that wonderful geography waiting in North Island and on the other side of the Pacific. Then I hit on the idea of a 'guest presenter' ......

It is therefore my great pleasure to introduce you to 'Mr P' (who will be writing under the pseudonym of Mrs V!). Mr P is Alan Parkinson, a friend and 'virtual' colleague who is Head of Geography at King Edwards VI School in King's Lynn, Norfolk. Alan is the author of Geography Pages (a sort of yellow pages for Geography teachers) and he is the original Geo Blog as he was writing geographical blogs long before most of the rest of us had even heard of them! You can get a flavour of his blogging here and here. Alan is a tour de force of the Geography teaching world and I am delighted he has agreed to take over from me for the next 10 days or so. You will be in for a treat. In fact, you may not want me back!

In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year 2008 - the year when Mark Beaumont will annihilate the record for solo cycling around the world!
Here's just a wee glimpse of where I'll be next week

1 comment:

Alan Parkinson said...

Thanks for the build-up Mrs. V and enjoy the holiday !
Looking forward to exploring some bits of New Zealand along with Mark and bringing in a few relevant interests of mine along the way...
See you tomorrow